ER nurse indicted in Ohio in murder-for-hire plot - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

ER nurse indicted in Ohio in murder-for-hire plot

Updated:

CLEVELAND (AP) - A Cleveland Clinic emergency room nurse has been indicted on a federal charge in an alleged $10,000 murder-for-hire plot that unsuccessfully targeted a woman in a home ownership dispute.

Federal prosecutors say a grand jury returned a one-count indictment Wednesday against 23-year-old Andrew Martin of Bristolville near Warren on a charge of using a phone to further the alleged plot.

Authorities say a man who had been treated in the ER tipped off police that he had been asked by a nurse if he "ever killed anyone."

The clinic suspended Martin without pay when he was arrested last month.

A message seeking comment was left with Martin's attorney, Donald Gallick, who has previously said evidence was thin and he couldn't figure out why his client was charged.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • More NewsMore>>

  • 23 million more uninsured with GOP health bill, analysts say

    23 million more uninsured with GOP health bill, analysts say

    Thursday, May 25 2017 1:07 AM EDT2017-05-25 05:07:40 GMT
    Congressional Republicans are about to learn more about whether their drive to dismantle President Barack Obama's health care law has been worth the political pain they've been experiencing.More >>
    Congressional Republicans are about to learn more about whether their drive to dismantle President Barack Obama's health care law has been worth the political pain they've been experiencing.More >>
  • The Latest: US lawmaker says UK bomb showed 'sophistication'

    The Latest: US lawmaker says UK bomb showed 'sophistication'

    Thursday, May 25 2017 1:04 AM EDT2017-05-25 05:04:40 GMT
    France's interior minister says that the suicide bomber who targeted Manchester is believed to have traveled to Syria and had "proven" links with the Islamic State group.More >>
    France's interior minister says that the suicide bomber who targeted Manchester is believed to have traveled to Syria and had "proven" links with the Islamic State group.More >>
  • Former Niles chef in custody again for alleged jewelry theft

    Former Niles chef in custody again for alleged jewelry theft

    Thursday, May 25 2017 12:52 AM EDT2017-05-25 04:52:46 GMT
    Daimer CesconDaimer Cescon

    The former chef at a Niles restaurant is back in jail two years after fleeing prosecution for an alleged jewel theft. Trumbull County Common Pleas Court Judge Wyatt McKay on Wednesday set bail at $1 million for 46-year-old Daimer Cescon. Cescon has been considered a fugitive since June, 2015 when he failed to show up for a court hearing on a three count indictment handed up by a county grand jury earlier that year. Cescon, who lived in Liberty Township at the time he was charged, i...

    More >>

    The former chef at a Niles restaurant is back in jail two years after fleeing prosecution for an alleged jewel theft. Trumbull County Common Pleas Court Judge Wyatt McKay on Wednesday set bail at $1 million for 46-year-old Daimer Cescon. Cescon has been considered a fugitive since June, 2015 when he failed to show up for a court hearing on a three count indictment handed up by a county grand jury earlier that year. Cescon, who lived in Liberty Township at the time he was charged, i...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms