Ohio school adds extra counselors after shooting - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

Ohio school adds extra counselors after shooting

Updated:

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio school where three students were killed earlier this year in a shooting spree is bringing in extra counselors following the mass shooting at a Connecticut school.

Steven Kofol, assistant to the Chardon schools superintendent, says the counselors will be available to students and staff Monday at the school east of Cleveland.

Kofol says the district has had extra counselors since the shooting last February in the high school cafeteria, but these will be in addition to those.

The murder trial for suspect T.J. Lane begins next month.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • More NewsMore>>

  • 'We can use peace': Trump and Pope Francis meet

    'We can use peace': Trump and Pope Francis meet

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 7:55 AM EDT2017-05-24 11:55:24 GMT
    Concluding his tour of the ancestral homes of the world's three largest monotheistic religions, President Donald Trump is poised to call on Pope Francis, the famously humble pontiff with whom he has publicly clashed.More >>
    Concluding his tour of the ancestral homes of the world's three largest monotheistic religions, President Donald Trump is poised to call on Pope Francis, the famously humble pontiff with whom he has publicly clashed.More >>
  • Officials: Manchester bomber was local man of Libyan descent

    Officials: Manchester bomber was local man of Libyan descent

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 7:55 AM EDT2017-05-24 11:55:06 GMT
    The man who police say blew himself up in a packed concert arena in Manchester, killing 22, did not make a strong impression on his neighbors.More >>
    The man who police say blew himself up in a packed concert arena in Manchester, killing 22, did not make a strong impression on his neighbors.More >>
  • Polish couple among those killed in Manchester blast

    Polish couple among those killed in Manchester blast

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 7:45 AM EDT2017-05-24 11:45:37 GMT
    Authorities say 8-year-old Saffie Roussos was the youngest of the 22 victims identified so far in the bombing in Manchester at an Ariana Grande concert.More >>
    Authorities say 8-year-old Saffie Roussos was the youngest of the 22 victims identified so far in the bombing in Manchester at an Ariana Grande concert.More >>
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms