Browns' Bryant has moved on from arrest - 21 News Now, More Local News for Youngstown, Ohio -

Browns' Bryant has moved on from arrest

Posted: Updated:

BEREA, Ohio (AP) - Browns defensive lineman Desmond Bryant has apologized for his arrest last month, saying the incident was a "mistake" and that "it's really not the kind of person that I am."

Bryant, who played for Oakland last season, signed a 5-year, $34 million free agent contract on Tuesday with Cleveland. The 6-foot-6, 311-pounder was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of criminal mischief, and his police mugshot went viral on the internet. Bryant said he's moved on from the incident, and Browns CEO Joe Banner said the team has no concerns about Bryant's character.

Signed as an undrafted free agent from Harvard, Bryant was the second defensive player signed by the Browns. Hours before landing Bryant, the Browns signed former Ravens linebacker Paul Kruger to a 5-year, $40 million deal.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

  • More From wfmj.comMore>>

  • Governor to help kick off 161st Ohio State Fair

    Governor to help kick off 161st Ohio State Fair

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 1:55 PM EDT2014-07-23 17:55:35 GMT
    It's time for the Ohio State Fair.More >>
    It's time for the Ohio State Fair.
    More >>
  • Boy, 15, arrested in Ohio teen girl's slaying

    Boy, 15, arrested in Ohio teen girl's slaying

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 1:45 PM EDT2014-07-23 17:45:06 GMT
    Police in Columbus say a 15-year-old boy has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old girl.More >>
    Police in Columbus say a 15-year-old boy has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old girl.
    More >>
  • Ohio man accused of killing mom, living with body

    Ohio man accused of killing mom, living with body

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 1:41 PM EDT2014-07-23 17:41:54 GMT
    Prosecutors in northeast Ohio say a 33-year-old man stabbed his mother to death then lived in the house with the decomposing corpse for about six months.More >>
    Prosecutors in northeast Ohio say a 33-year-old man stabbed his mother to death then lived in the house with the decomposing corpse for about six months.
    More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms