Ohio teens released in Twitter threat case - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

Ohio teens released in Twitter threat case

Posted: Updated:

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (AP) - Two Ohio teens accused of making online threats against a rape victim have denied the charges and been released on house arrest.

The two 16-year-old Jefferson County girls had been held in juvenile detention in Steubenville since their arrest last week.

The girls entered the juvenile court equivalent of a not guilty plea Wednesday before Juvenile Judge Sam Kerr. Their attorneys had no comment.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says the girls posted threatening comments on Twitter on March 17, the day two high school football players were convicted of raping a 16-year-old West Virginia girl last summer. The case roiled the town of Steubenville and stirred widespread reaction online.

DeWine's office says the tweets threatened homicide and bodily harm against the rape victim.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms