Sears again recalls dehumidifiers linked to fires - 21 News Now, More Local News for Youngstown, Ohio -

Sears again recalls dehumidifiers linked to fires

Posted: Updated:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sears is re-announcing the recall of nearly 800,000 dehumidifiers because of new reports of fires and because so few consumers have responded to the first recall.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says Sears has received seven additional reports of shorting and fire linked to the Kenmore dehumidifiers. One case resulted in severe burns to a person's foot. Three of the fires caused more than $300,000 in property damage.

During the original recall last year, CPSC said Sears had more than 100 reports of problems with the dehumidifiers, including property damage and several cases of smoke inhalation.

The recall involves 35-, 50- and 70-pint dehumidifiers with a Kenmore logo. They were manufactured by LG Electronics Appliance Co. between 2003 and 2005.

Consumers can call 855-400-4641 or visit www.Kenmoredehumidifierrecall.com for more information.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • More From wfmj.comMore>>

  • Boy, 15, arrested in Ohio teen girl's slaying

    Boy, 15, arrested in Ohio teen girl's slaying

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 1:45 PM EDT2014-07-23 17:45:06 GMT
    Police in Columbus say a 15-year-old boy has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old girl.More >>
    Police in Columbus say a 15-year-old boy has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old girl.
    More >>
  • Ohio man accused of killing mom, living with body

    Ohio man accused of killing mom, living with body

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 1:41 PM EDT2014-07-23 17:41:54 GMT
    Prosecutors in northeast Ohio say a 33-year-old man stabbed his mother to death then lived in the house with the decomposing corpse for about six months.More >>
    Prosecutors in northeast Ohio say a 33-year-old man stabbed his mother to death then lived in the house with the decomposing corpse for about six months.
    More >>
  • Ohio teen will be tried as adult in shooting

    Ohio teen will be tried as adult in shooting

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 1:24 PM EDT2014-07-23 17:24:21 GMT
    COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A judge has ruled that a 16-year-old central Ohio boy will be tried as an adult in a shooting that left one man dead and another wounded two days before Christmas. Franklin County Juvenile Court Judge Elizabeth Gill transferred the teen's case to adult court on Tuesday, ruling that he cannot be rehabilitated in the juvenile system. The Columbus Dispatch reports that the boy was 15 when he was accused of fatally shooting 26-year-old Marvin Ector and wounding 31-year-old ...More >>
    COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A judge has ruled that a 16-year-old central Ohio boy will be tried as an adult in a shooting that left one man dead and another wounded two days before Christmas. Franklin County Juvenile Court Judge Elizabeth Gill transferred the teen's case to adult court on Tuesday, ruling that he cannot be rehabilitated in the juvenile system. The Columbus Dispatch reports that the boy was 15 when he was accused of fatally shooting 26-year-old Marvin Ector and wounding 31-year-old ...More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms