Ariel Castro's son say life sentence 'appropriate' - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

Ariel Castro's son say life sentence 'appropriate'

Posted: Updated:

CLEVELAND (AP) - The son of the Cleveland man who admitted kidnapping, raping and enslaving three women for about a decade says his father belongs behind bars for the rest of his life.

In an interview Monday on NBC's "Today" show, Anthony Castro said he has nothing to say to his father, Ariel Castro, and will not visit him in prison.

Fifty-three-year-old Ariel Castro is expected to be sentenced Thursday to life in prison plus 1,000 years after pleading guilty last week to 937 counts in a deal that spared him the death penalty.

The three women disappeared between 2002 and 2004 when they were 16, 14 and 20 years old. They escaped in May when 1 of them kicked out part of a door and called to neighbors for help.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms