Ohio teenage girls arrested for online threats - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

Ohio teenage girls arrested for online threats

Posted: Updated:

HAMILTON, Ohio (AP) - Two teenage girls have been arrested in southwestern Ohio after authorities say they posted online threats about their school.

The Butler County Sheriff's Office says the girls were arrested Monday after a teacher at New Miami High School in Hamilton told them about a potential threat.

The sheriff's office says that the 14- and 15-year-old girls posted online about their dislike for the school, the people there and referenced "a shooting spree."

Investigators spoke with the girls and searched their school.

They didn't have any weapons but were arrested on juvenile charges of inducing panic and making terroristic threats.

The Associated Press is not naming the girls because of their ages.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • More NewsMore>>

  • 23 million more uninsured with GOP health bill, analysts say

    23 million more uninsured with GOP health bill, analysts say

    Thursday, May 25 2017 1:07 AM EDT2017-05-25 05:07:40 GMT
    Congressional Republicans are about to learn more about whether their drive to dismantle President Barack Obama's health care law has been worth the political pain they've been experiencing.More >>
    Congressional Republicans are about to learn more about whether their drive to dismantle President Barack Obama's health care law has been worth the political pain they've been experiencing.More >>
  • The Latest: US lawmaker says UK bomb showed 'sophistication'

    The Latest: US lawmaker says UK bomb showed 'sophistication'

    Thursday, May 25 2017 1:04 AM EDT2017-05-25 05:04:40 GMT
    France's interior minister says that the suicide bomber who targeted Manchester is believed to have traveled to Syria and had "proven" links with the Islamic State group.More >>
    France's interior minister says that the suicide bomber who targeted Manchester is believed to have traveled to Syria and had "proven" links with the Islamic State group.More >>
  • Former Niles chef in custody again for alleged jewelry theft

    Former Niles chef in custody again for alleged jewelry theft

    Thursday, May 25 2017 12:52 AM EDT2017-05-25 04:52:46 GMT
    Daimer CesconDaimer Cescon

    The former chef at a Niles restaurant is back in jail two years after fleeing prosecution for an alleged jewel theft. Trumbull County Common Pleas Court Judge Wyatt McKay on Wednesday set bail at $1 million for 46-year-old Daimer Cescon. Cescon has been considered a fugitive since June, 2015 when he failed to show up for a court hearing on a three count indictment handed up by a county grand jury earlier that year. Cescon, who lived in Liberty Township at the time he was charged, i...

    More >>

    The former chef at a Niles restaurant is back in jail two years after fleeing prosecution for an alleged jewel theft. Trumbull County Common Pleas Court Judge Wyatt McKay on Wednesday set bail at $1 million for 46-year-old Daimer Cescon. Cescon has been considered a fugitive since June, 2015 when he failed to show up for a court hearing on a three count indictment handed up by a county grand jury earlier that year. Cescon, who lived in Liberty Township at the time he was charged, i...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms