2 girls struck after sticking heads out of bus - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

2 girls struck after sticking heads out of bus

Posted: Updated:
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Authorities say two eighth-grade girls who stuck their heads out of a school bus were hit by a pole or sign.

Pittsburgh Public Schools spokeswoman Ebony Pugh says the accident happened about 4 p.m. Wednesday as the bus was pulling out of the Barack Obama Academy of International Studies in East Liberty.

Pugh says the age of the unidentified girls and their injuries aren't known yet. Paramedics took one girl to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville and a teacher drove the second girl there.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • More NewsMore>>

  • 23 million more uninsured with GOP health bill, analysts say

    23 million more uninsured with GOP health bill, analysts say

    Thursday, May 25 2017 4:14 AM EDT2017-05-25 08:14:54 GMT
    Congressional Republicans are about to learn more about whether their drive to dismantle President Barack Obama's health care law has been worth the political pain they've been experiencing.More >>
    Congressional Republicans are about to learn more about whether their drive to dismantle President Barack Obama's health care law has been worth the political pain they've been experiencing.More >>
  • Victims of the bombing: Parents, children, police officer

    Victims of the bombing: Parents, children, police officer

    Thursday, May 25 2017 3:57 AM EDT2017-05-25 07:57:55 GMT
    Teenager Olivia Campbell-Hardy, who went to school near Manchester, was at the Ariana Grande concert with a friend on Monday night.More >>
    Teenager Olivia Campbell-Hardy, who went to school near Manchester, was at the Ariana Grande concert with a friend on Monday night.More >>
  • Former Niles chef in custody again for alleged jewelry theft

    Former Niles chef in custody again for alleged jewelry theft

    Thursday, May 25 2017 12:52 AM EDT2017-05-25 04:52:46 GMT
    Daimer CesconDaimer Cescon

    The former chef at a Niles restaurant is back in jail two years after fleeing prosecution for an alleged jewel theft. Trumbull County Common Pleas Court Judge Wyatt McKay on Wednesday set bail at $1 million for 46-year-old Daimer Cescon. Cescon has been considered a fugitive since June, 2015 when he failed to show up for a court hearing on a three count indictment handed up by a county grand jury earlier that year. Cescon, who lived in Liberty Township at the time he was charged, i...

    More >>

    The former chef at a Niles restaurant is back in jail two years after fleeing prosecution for an alleged jewel theft. Trumbull County Common Pleas Court Judge Wyatt McKay on Wednesday set bail at $1 million for 46-year-old Daimer Cescon. Cescon has been considered a fugitive since June, 2015 when he failed to show up for a court hearing on a three count indictment handed up by a county grand jury earlier that year. Cescon, who lived in Liberty Township at the time he was charged, i...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms