Fire closes Boardman IHOP for now - News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

Fire closes Boardman IHOP for now

Posted: Updated:

People planning to eat breakfast at Boardman's IHOP on Monday will have to wait until restaurant operators finish adding up the damage from a Sunday night fire.

The fire broke out after 7:30 pm in a pile of mulch, which spread to an outside wall, and then the attic of the building at 833 Boardman-Poland Road.

Firefighters were forced to shut down Route 224 from South Avenue to Eisenhower Drive so they could stretch a fire hose to a hydrant across the street.

Investigators believe the fire started from a cigarette that someone discarded in the mulch

No one was injured.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms