1. Go to the lowest level of home such as the basement.
2. If there is no basement, go to the inner hallway.
3. Cover yourself with a blanket to protect from flying or falling debris.
4. Keep your pet on a leash.
5. Keep weather radio on or nearby to listen for when storms are posted.
1. Leave immediately and take shelter in a sturdy building.
Offices, Businesses, Apartment Buildings, and Schools
1. Go to the lowest level of the building.
2. Know tornado shelter areas ahead of time.
3. Crouch down in a hallway away from windows.
In a Car
1. Get off the highway immediately.
2. Go to a sturdy building nearby.
3. If you are not able to get to a building, lie in a low-lying ditch.
4. Do not stay in your car.
1. Take a weather radio with you at all times.
2. If a warning is issued, seek shelter immediately.
3. Avoid places like gymnasiums or arenas where the roof is not supported.
4. Do not get in a car.
During and after a storm, our viewers are our eyes and ears in the field. If you have witnessed any kind of storm damage, we want to know about it. Please report storm damage by filling out this form. Click submit to continue.