Free Narcan being distributed in Trumbull County Wednesday
The Trumbull County Mental Health & Recovery Board (TCMHRB) will be giving away free Narcan kits on Wednesday, August 31, for Overdose Awareness Day.
The purpose of Overdose Awareness Day is to raise awareness for overdoses, reduce the stigma of drug-related deaths and acknowledge the grief felt by family and friends affected by these deaths.
In honor of Overdose Awareness Day, TCMHRB, along with the Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention (ASAP) Coalition, will be distributing free lifesaving Narcan kits.
Kits will be distributed at the following locations and at the following times:
- Children's Services Board (2282 Reeves Rd., Warren) from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Compass Family & Community Services (320, High St., Warren) from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Niles (29, North Rd., Niles) from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Kent State University Trumbull Campus, Technology Building (4314, Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren) 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Mercy Health Minor Emergency Services (1296, Tod Ave NW, Warren) Noon to 3:00 p.m.
- Sahara Club II (2345, Youngstown Rd. SE, Warren) at 8:00 p.m. during a candlelight vigil.
- Trumbull County Combined Health District (176, Chestnut Ave. NE, Warren) 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. inside buildings.
- Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board (4076, Youngstown Rd., Warren Suite 201) from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the second floor.