Mahoning County Mental Health, Recovery Board announces winners of 2023 awards
The Mahoning County Mental Health & Recovery Board (MCMHRB) hosted its 2023 award ceremony on Friday at the Tyler History Center at noon.
Every year the Mental Health & Recovery Board honors individuals and organizations making a difference in the valley through their work in the fields of mental health and recovery.
The 2023 winners are as follows:
- EAGLE Award: Bob Smrek and the Teddy Foltz Memorial Bike Run Committee
- CIT Officer of the Year: Deputy Candy Dykes of the Mahoning County Sheriff's Office
- Front Line Staff of the Year Award: Douglas Hansen Jr. of Comunity Support Network
- Front Line Staff of the Year Award: Michelle Mixon of the Catholic Charities Regional Agency
- Advocate of the Year Award: Adam Lonardo of Broadway Recovery Services
- Support Staff of the Year Award: Lauren Cash of Compass Family & Community Services
- Leadership Award: Theresa Gaetaeno, Chief Investigator with the Mahoning County Coroner's Office
- Program of the Year: Mahoning County Probate Court's Fresh Start Court Program and Honorable Judge Robert N. Rusu Jr.
"On behalf of the Board and our staff, I am so pleased to recognize this list of outstanding winners. This list represents our heroes among all the champions working tirelessly throughout our mental health and recovery system," said MCMHRB Executive Director, Duane Piccirilli.