New Castle firefighters were called early Saturday morning after a hoverboard exploded in a family's home on Shaw Street. 

Firefights tell 21 News the call came in at 3:18 a.m. and when they arrived moments later the fire had already been extinguished. 

Officials said that the hoverboard's batteries exploded, causing the small fire. 

The homeowner said that flames were shooting to the ceiling, but he was able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher.

The home was undamaged, other than some scorching on the carpet, and firefighters were able to clear the smoke from the house quickly.

The boy who owned the hoverboard said that he was not using the toy's original charger at the time of the incident.

No one was injured.