New handicap parking procedures for YSU football games
In an effort to be more accommodating to the Youngstown State University football fan base, the Athletic Department and YSU Parking Services are announcing new Gameday parking procedures to better serve handicap and seniors attending football games at Stambaugh Stadium.
"We have a great fan base, and we recognize a portion of our fans need additional assistance to get to the stadium," Ron Strollo, Executive Director of Athletics said. "Our hope is the new three-shuttle system and dedicated handicap parking lot on Rayen Avenue, near Fifth Avenue, will assist in allowing our fans to attend games more conveniently."
Starting with this Saturday's, YSU home game against Robert Morris, the University will institute the following procedures:
- There will be three shuttles that will run starting 90 minutes prior to kickoff starting in the M-53 Parking Lot located on Rayen Avenue just east of Fifth Avenue. One of the shuttles will be wheelchair accessible.
- The shuttle will make three stops around campus:
- The northeast corner of Fifth Avenue and Lincoln Avenue
- The corner of Fifth Avenue and Armed Forces Blvd.
- The M-82 Penguin Club/Taylor Automotive Tailgate Lot on the East Bound Service Road behind the east stands.
The shuttles will run until the end of the first quarter and begin again prior to the conclusion of the game to return fans to the M-53 Parking Lot. Post-game pickup for Armed Forces Blvd. will be the Northeast corner of the intersection.
The M-53 Lot on Rayen Avenue will be a dedicated Handicap lot. Parking will be $5.
Fans may also purchase individual game tailgate passes in the M-82 Penguin Club/Taylor Automotive Tailgate Lot and the M-70 Penguin Club/Hollywood Gaming Tailgate Lot – based on availability each game.
Penguin fans requiring additional information or assistance may contact the YSU Athletic Ticket Office at 330.941.1YSU (1978) or log onto YSUsports.com