2023 St. Patrick's Day events around the Valley
The St. Patrick's Day Weekend of 2023 is here, so we've compiled a list of events happening around the Valley. See one we missed? Send the details to [email protected]!
ShamRock the Block
- March 17 on Federal & Phelps in Downtown Youngstown, starts at 12 p.m.
- Authenic Irish food, heated outdoor tents with vendors
- Sponsored by The Federal, West 34, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Superior Beverage, Penguin City, The City of Youngstown and The Knox Building
- Live music including The Shoe Shine Boys, 7% Superstar, Broken Reins, Hoss & The Juggernauts, Decades, No Funk No Justice, RDNA
- All proceeds will benefit Youngstown Cityscape and Downtown Youngstown Partnership
Penguin City Beer
- March 17 from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.: Penguin City Dry Irish Red Tapping by John Cox, The Grand Marshal of the Mahoning Valley Irish Day Parade 2023
- $5 cover charge from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Live music starts at 11:30 a.m.
- Irish food & drink specials all day
- March 18
- St Baldrick's 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Live music and food all day
- Leprechaun visit at 4 p.m.
- Cotton candy cart from 3 to 4 p.m.
- $5 cover charge begins at 6:30 p.m.
- SPOTFIRE performs at 8 p.m.
Frenchy's Irish Pub and Grill
- March 17, doors open at 5:30 a.m
- Live music: Old Skool, 80's Proof, RDNA, Steel Valley Bagpipers
- Doors open March 17 @ 12 p.m.
- Green beer, Ruben flatbreads, & Irish music
Steel Valley Brew Works
- March 17, doors open at 3 p.m.
- Special menu and green cocktails
Magic Tree Pub & Eatery
- March 16
- Market Garden Brewing Tap Takeover @ 6 p.m.
- March 17
- Brewdog Brewing Tap Takeover @ 12 p.m.
- DJ & live music all day
- Irish themed menu
- $5 cover charge for outside tent party
- March 17 @ 12 p.m.
- Dolan Family Singers from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Burke School of Irish Dance from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Noble Creature Cask House
- Opening March 17 @ 11 a.m. for Irish brunch
- Dry Irish Stout on nitro & in to-go cans
- All day food specials include smoked pastrami rueben, beer cheese and bread, bangers and mash
- -Live music starts @ 7:30 p.m.
- March 17, doors open @ 11 a.m.
- Live music from 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.; 6 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Drink specials & Irish food all day
McKinley Birthplace Home
- Live windowsill Shamrock planting from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Registration required, call 330-652-1704 ext. 4
Vasilios Restaurant & Pizzeria
- Annual Cornbeef & Cabbage dinner
- March 17 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Callahan's Irish Pub
- March 17, doors open @ 5 a.m.
High Pointe Restaurant & Tavern
- March 17, doors open @ 4 p.m.
Birdfish Brewing Co.
- Taproom opens @ 8 a.m. on March 17th; 10 a.m. on March 18th
- Live music & food trucks on site both days
- Arrive early to purchase a custom Stray Cat Studio 20 oz. ceramic stein, first come first serve. 150 available Friday, 100 available Saturday.
Homestead Kitchen & Cocktails
- Doors open on March 17 @ 11 a.m.
- Live music from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Irish themed menu and specialty cocktails and beer
Clipper Day Tripper Shuttle
- FREE shuttle service and continuous loop to local bars and restaurants in Columbiana
- Running Friday from 5 to 9 p.m.; Saturday from 12 to 8 p.m.
- Making stops at Birdfish, Homestead, Sundog, Mexico City, Brewlounge, Ill Will, Riser Tavern on the Links, & Factory 46
McKim's Honeyvine & Winery
- Tasting Room & Cellar opens @ 5 p.m.
- Food from Yo Momma's Kitchen
- The Figley Brothers play @ 6 p.m.
Inaugural Slainte Sharon St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Steps off @ 5:30 PM Thursday, March 16, on the campus of Penn State Shenango
- Ends at Quaker Steak, live music up to 7:30 pm Fireworks set off over Shenango River by Pyrotecnico
- 70+ parade floats and participants
- Accepting gently used donations for local animal charities
Quaker Steak & Lube, 101 Chesnut Ave., Sharon
- Open @ 6am, kegs tapped @ 7am
- Live music all day
- Green beer & food specials
Shamrock'n Brew Tour
- March 18th 12pm-10pm
- Starts at Candlewood Suites Grove City Hotel
- Stops at Big Rail Brewing, Grove City Brew Haus, Grove City Country Club, Cobblehaus Brewing Co., Koehler Brewing, Hop Asylum
- $30 ticket includes bus transport, Irish style buffet, one drink at each location
Park Inn by Radisson
- Special menu on March 17: Shephard's Pie, Corn Beef Sandwich, Beer Cheese Soup
- Best dressed guest gets free meal
Keg Bar & Grille
- March 17, doors open @ 10 a.m.
- Live music including the The Blarney Tones starts at 11 a.m.
- Irish food and beer specials all day
Kelly's Side Door Tavern
- March 17, Kegs & Eggs start @ 8 a.m.
- Special menu & green beer all day
- Live music at 8 p.m., DJ at 10 p.m.
Patsy's Bar and Grill
- March 17 @ 8 p.m.
- 90's themed DJ, beer specials, plus green beer and cocktails