Canfield school board approves plans for new buildings, levy likely in November
The Canfield Board of Education is moving forward with plans to improve its school buildings.
The district is moving forward with Master Plan A which includes renovations to Canfield High School, a new Pre-K through 4th-grade elementary school and a new 5th through 8th-grade middle school.
The board approved putting a $104.9 million bond levy on the November ballot as long as a second resolution is approved in July.
Master Plan A includes the following:
- New PK-4 school at Hilltop site ($40.7M)
- New 5-8 middle school at CVMS site ($46M)
- Building a second gym with the new middle school ($3.6M)
- Select renovations to Canfield High School ($15M)
- Abate or demolish Canfield Village Middle School and CH Campbell Elementary School ($1.7M, $524K)
- Hilltop Elementary repurposed for Board of Education administration