A Hubbard woman faces charges after police say her 10-year-old son had to rescue his infant sister from a bathtub when the mother passed out on the bathroom floor from a suspected overdose.

Amanda Deblasis was arraigned in Girard Municipal Court Thursday, where she is charged with four misdemeanor counts of child endangering and one felony count of drug possession.

The charges stem from a June 18th incident at the Myron Street home of Deblasis’ boyfriend when police were called by a 10-year-old boy who told officers he found Deblasis unresponsive on the bathroom floor while his one-year-old sister was in a tub filled with enough water to pose a drowning threat, according to firefighters who responded.

The ten-year-old, who was also with two younger brothers at the home, says he lifted his sister out of the tub and took her to a bedroom, placing her in a crib.

Unable to rouse Deblasis’ boyfriend, the ten-year-old called 9-1-1 who dispatched the police and emergency medical services.

After EMTs administered the opioid overdose reversal drug Narcan, Deblasis regained consciousness and told officers that she had taken some “Oxy” given to her by a friend. Deblasis was transported to Sharon Regional Medical Center.

Describing living conditions in the home as “unfit”, the police report gave the following accounting of one officer’s observations:

There is clutter and junk piled all over the house. You have to constantly adjust your body just to simply move around the house. There were clothes and other items suspended above the infant’s crib in the master bedroom which also had ash trays, lighters, and empty beer cans on the nightstands that could be within reach of the child. There was trash and junk not only in large piles but also scattered around the house. When walking down the stairs, part of the ceiling is missing with scaffolding exposed. There are items in the broken ceiling area which what appeared to be an old bookbag and other items stored in there for a long time as evident by heavy dust and webs around the items.

Sharon Regional Medical Center officials told police that Deblasis discharged herself from the hospital despite their request for her to stay and receive proper treatment.

Deblasis was booked into the Trumbull County Jail on Wednesday.

At her video arraignment on Thursday, bond for Deblasis was set at $7,500. Another court hearing was scheduled for September 14.