Mahoning Township fire caused by electrical problem and holiday - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

Mahoning Township fire caused by electrical problem and holiday lights

Posted: Updated:

Early Thursday morning a fire started outside of a home on Matthews Road in Mahoning Township.

The fire Chief said there was an electrical problem which caused the Christmas lights on the front porch to catch fire.

21 News spoke with a technician at Goods Electric. Dannie Erb said home owners should make sure they have Ground Fault Circuit Interrupted Outlets (FFCI Outlets). 

He also said to inspect your lights before you put them up.

Make sure there are no exposed wires.

The Youngstown Fire Department told 21 News to make sure people buy new holiday lights every few years.

The older versions get too hot and could cause problems.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms