One person hospitalized after Youngstown fire - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

One person hospitalized after Youngstown fire

Posted: Updated:
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -

One person was sent to the hospital after a house fire on Youngstown's South Side.

Firefighters were called out to a home on the 1800 block of Pointview Avenue just before 4 a.m. Tuesday.

Authorities say two people who were at home at the time managed to escape.

The fire was under control in a few minutes, but an ambulance took one man to the hospital for treatment of burns that officials describe as minor.

Investigators have not released the identity of the victim.

Most of the damage is in the front portion of the house which is being boarded up.

The cause of the fire is still being investigated.

  • More NewsMore>>

  • Cost of governor's race topped $64M, shy of state record

    Cost of governor's race topped $64M, shy of state record

    Monday, December 10 2018 1:27 PM EST2018-12-10 18:27:13 GMT

    Spending in Pennsylvania's gubernatorial race topped $64 million, as Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf thumped Republican Scott Wagner to win a second term.

    More >>

    Spending in Pennsylvania's gubernatorial race topped $64 million, as Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf thumped Republican Scott Wagner to win a second term.

    More >>
  • New Castle apartment evacuated due to Carbon Monoxide

    New Castle apartment evacuated due to Carbon Monoxide

    Wednesday, December 12 2018 10:52 PM EST2018-12-13 03:52:47 GMT
    A New Castle apartment was evacuated yesterday due to a dangerous amount of carbon monoxide affecting about a dozen residents.  The complex is home to mostly elderly people. No one was injured during the evacuation or because of the carbon monoxide.  The New Castle Fire Chief says a divider in the boiler blocked the exhaust pipe which caused extremely high levels of carbon monoxide on the upper floors of the complex.  The New Castle Fire Chief also say...More >>
    A New Castle apartment was evacuated yesterday due to a dangerous amount of carbon monoxide affecting about a dozen residents.  The complex is home to mostly elderly people. No one was injured during the evacuation or because of the carbon monoxide.  The New Castle Fire Chief says a divider in the boiler blocked the exhaust pipe which caused extremely high levels of carbon monoxide on the upper floors of the complex.  The New Castle Fire Chief also say...More >>
  • Tampon recall of U by Kotex

    Tampon recall of U by Kotex

    Wednesday, December 12 2018 10:25 PM EST2018-12-13 03:25:22 GMT

    Kimberly-Clark has announced a voluntary product recall of its U by Kotex Sleek tampons, regular absorbency, sold throughout the United States and Canada.  The recall is limited to specific U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, regular absorbency, that was manufactured between Oct. 7, 2016, and Oct. 16, 2018, and distributed between Oct. 17, 2016, and Oct. 23, 2018.  Customers can identify this product by looking for specific lot numbers found on the bottom of the package.  ...

    More >>

    Kimberly-Clark has announced a voluntary product recall of its U by Kotex Sleek tampons, regular absorbency, sold throughout the United States and Canada.  The recall is limited to specific U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, regular absorbency, that was manufactured between Oct. 7, 2016, and Oct. 16, 2018, and distributed between Oct. 17, 2016, and Oct. 23, 2018.  Customers can identify this product by looking for specific lot numbers found on the bottom of the package.  ...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms