A Boardman man faces felony charges after allegedly hitting several police officers while being booked on charges of drunk driving. 
Fifty-five-year-old Stephen Sipus was indicted Thursday on two felony charges of assault (OVI specification) as well as OVI, intimidation, and retaliation.

According to police reports, employees at the Holiday Inn on South Avenue called the police on November 7 after noticing a drunk man sitting in his car listening to loud music in the employee parking lot. 

When they arrived, police allegedly found Sipus in the driver's seat of his vehicle, which was parked between two spaces and was running.

According to the police report, Sipus was reluctant to talk to the police, smelled strongly of alcohol, had glossy red eyes, and had slurred and delayed speech. 

Sipus was allegedly unable to provide police with a reason for why he was parked at the Holiday Inn but said he had recently gotten off work and "had a few drinks throughout his shift." 

Police say Sipus failed three times to provide a valid breath sample, but eventually provided a small sample that registered a blood alcohol content of .280. 

Sipus was then allegedly asked to participate in several field sobriety tests, which he refused before becoming aggravated and telling officers, "This is all b-------, you have nothing on me."

According to the police report, Sipus was then handcuffed and taken into custody after being told several times to get into the police cruiser.  

At the police station, Sipus allegedly refused to stay seated in the booking area and had to be handcuffed to a wall to keep him from wandering around.

During the booking process, police say Sipus' records revealed that he had six prior convictions for operating vehicles while impaired in the last 6 years. 

According to the police report, Sipus refused to have his mug shot taken and attempted to walk out of the room.

As an officer was escorting Sipus back to the photo area, he reportedly became aggressive and shoved him in the chest and swore at him.

The report says Sipus then shoved another officer and ripped the mic off of that officer's chest before being taken to the ground. 

Sipus allegedly hit and cut his head against the wall while struggling with the officers. 

According to the police report, Sipus verbally threatened officers while being taken to an ambulance for treatment for the cut on his head. 

Sipus allegedly said, 'I'm coming back and kill that hill-jack m----- f-----," in reference to one of the officers.