Mahoning Valley gas prices fall again
One week after Valley gasoline prices increased, the cost of filling up your tank dropped again this week.
A survey of data from gasbuddy.com shows the price of regular gasoline dropped as much as 23 cents per gallon at some locations in Trumbull and Columbiana counties over the past week.
The cheapest gas price as of Tuesday morning was $3.29 in Salem.
Below is a sampling of some local regular gasoline prices from gasbuddy.com as of Tuesday morning.
- Austintown - $3.44 – Sheetz, Mahoning Ave.
- Boardman - $3.34 - Sheetz, Market St.
- Brookfield - $3.48 – Sunoco, Brookfield Rd.
- Campbell - $3.42 - Blaze Oil, McCartney Road
- Canfield - $3.44- Sheetz, Route 224
- Champion - $3.45– Kwik Fill, Mahoning Ave.
- Cortland - $3.28- Speedway, S. Mecca
- East Liverpool - $3.39 – BP, Dresden Ave.
- Girard - $3.47 - Sunoco, S. State St.
- Greenville - $4.19 - Veado's, Hadley Rd.
- Grove City - $4.19 - Jiffy, S. Center
- Hermitage - $4.25 - Speedway, S. Hermitage.
- Howland - $3.24 – Sunoco, Niles Cortland Rd.
- Hubbard - $3.30 – Speedway, W. Liberty St.
- Kinsman - $3.55- Gulf, State Route 7
- Liberty - $3.47 - Speedway, Belmont Ave.
- Lisbon - $3.39 - Smith Oil, E. Lincoln
- Mercer - $4.23 - Marathon, S. Erie
- Newton Falls - $3.49 - Sunoco, Milton Blvd.
- New Middletown - $3.46 - Sunoco, Main St.
- North Lima - $3.34 - Marathon, Market St
- Niles - $3.35 - Shell, Youngstown Warren Rd.
- Salem - $3.29 - Murphy Oil, E. State st.
- Sharon – $4.19 – Speedway, E. Connelly Blvd.
- Struthers - $3.45 - Morgan Oil, Lowellville Rd.
- Warren - $3.38 - Pit Stop, Elm Road
- Youngstown - $3.39 - Gateway, Market St.
The national average for a gallon of gas fell a nickel this past week to $3.85.
Even though crude oil prices increased slightly over the past week, lower domestic demand for gasoline is keeping gas prices lower.
Monday's national average is $1.16 less than the record set in mid-June and 71 cents more than a year ago.
According to AAA, the average price for gasoline across Northeast Ohio is 12 cents lower this week at $3.506 per gallon.
This week's average prices: Northeast Ohio Average $3.506.
The average price during the week of August 22, 2022, was $3.629
The average price during the week of August 30, 2021, was $2.905
Average prices of unleaded self-service gasoline in various areas of Ohio:
$3.618 New Philadelphia
According to new data from the Energy Information Administration (EIA), gas demand decreased from 9.35 million barrels per day to 8.43 million per day last week.
This rate is 920,000 barrels per day, lower than last year. Moreover, according to EIA, total domestic gasoline stocks remained almost unchanged week over week. With gas demand down and supplies unchanged, prices at the pump continue to fall.
This steady daily decrease, now in its 74th consecutive day, is the longest streak since October 11, 2018, when the national average price of gas fell for 85 consecutive days.