The Canfield High School and Middle School were placed on lockdown Friday afternoon, but has been lifted after being determined there was no threat.

The schools were placed in lockdown after a caller to the school said received a call claiming there was shooter on the second floor at the high school.

Superintendent Joe Knoll sent out an all alert that reads "Today at approximately 1:30 pm the Canfield Police Department received a call that there was a possible active shooter scenario at Canfield High School. The high school immediately went into lockdown. Out of an abundance of caution, our elementary and middle schools also went into lockdown. The Canfield Police Department determined that the threat was NOT credible. We want to thank our students and staff for their cooperation as well as the Canfield Police Department. Have a great weekend."

Canfield police are on the scene, and Chief Charles Colucci told 21 News they have officers at all district schools, but no creditable threat was located.

The Liberty School District received a threat against a school in the district Friday, however, students are not in school today; only teachers were attending professional development meetings, according to a source within the district.

According to news organizations around Ohio, multiple districts received phone calls Friday about an active shooter to districts, including schools in Cleveland, Akron, Dayton, and Cincinnati.

The Ohio School Safety Center issued a statement Friday afternoon about the threats made to schools in Ohio and around the US this week.

“The OSSC is actively working with the Statewide Terrorism Analysis and Crime Center as well as schools and local law enforcement to support their efforts in the investigation of these threats. While some of the threats have been determined to be false through law enforcement investigation, the OSSC takes all threats to schools seriously and recommends that schools and first responders do the same" the statement said.

A Poland High School juvenile was arrested at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and charged with a 4th-degree felony of invoking panic after allegedly phoning in a bomb threat to the Poland school. The male student was transported to the Juvenile Justice Center. It is unclear if the incident was related to the hoaxes hitting districts around the state and US.