Mahoning County Prosecutor's Office to hold second annual domestic violence donation drive
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, so the Mahoning County Prosecutor's Office (MCPO) is teaming up with a senior student at South Range High School to spread the word.
MCPO and South Range senior, Macenzee Gaal will be teaming up for the second annual domestic violence donation drive.
Last year's event was very successful for MCPO brining in over 3,000 donations. This year, the office decided to expand upon last year's event to over 15 donation boxes across Mahoning and Columbiana Counties.
Donation boxes can be found at many drop off locations such as area businesses, schools and organizations throughout Mahoning and Columbiana Counties.
Donations will benefit area domestic violence programs offered by Sojourner House, Beatitude House and Christina House. The following items have been requested:
- Gift cards to grocery stores
- Twin sheets with pillow cases
- Standard-sized pillows
- Disposable diapers in all sizes
- Baby wipes
- Undershirts in all infant sizes
- Teething rings
- Bath towels and washcloths
- Socks of all sizes
- All kinds of personal hygiene products
- Ethnic hair care products
- Sleepwear for women (especially plus-sized)
- Paper products (paper plates, toilet paper, tissues, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, dish soap, laundry detergent, all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, etc.)
Donation boxes can be found at the following locations:
- Poland High School (3199 Dobbins Rd. Poland)
- Salem High School (1200 E. 6th St. Salem)
- South Range Local School District (11300 Columbiana-Canfield Rd. Suite M, Canfield)
- Canfield High School (100 Cardinal Dr. Canfield)
- Compass (535 Marmion Ave. Youngstown)
- Beatitude House (238 Tod Ln. Youngstown)
- Mahoning County Administrative Building (21 W. Boardman St. Youngstown)
- Buckeye Hospice and Pallative Care (810 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Suite 1, Boardman)
- Cornerstone Caregiving (755 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Suite K-4, Boardman)
- Continuing Healthcare Solutions (100 Vista Dr. Lisbon)
- Starbucks (4546 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Canfield)
- Giant Eagle (525 E. Main St. Canfield)
- North Lima Nutrition (11995 South Ave, North Lima)
- Print Works (409 E. 2nd St. Salem)
- Mahoning County Courthouse (120 Market St. Youngstown)
Donations will be collected until the end of October.