The Valley Holiday events list - for events and craft shows
Someone once said it's the most wonderful time of the year and it's probably because of the holiday-related events.
Here is a list of things to see and do - all based around the holidays, from shopping events to local holiday shows. If you have an event you want to be added to the list, please email us at [email protected].
- Christmas Caroling: Tuesday, Nov. 29 from 7 pm to 9 pm, 1300 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, with donations raised going to Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley. Caroling will take place in front of the facility, a family event with music, and hot chocolate.
- Holiday Parade, Light-Up Night & Flea on Phelps: Dec. 2 from 4 pm to 8 pm on Downtown Square. Families can take pictures with Santa after the parade.
- 51st American Holiday at the Butler Arts & Crafts Show, Dec. 3 from 10 am to 5 pm, Dec. 4 from 10 am to 4 pm, 524 Wick Ave, Youngstown. Cost is $5 for age 13 and older, under 12 years old, free. Annual arts and craft show
- The Grinch and Cindy Lou Who , Dec. 3 at 12 pm, Southern Park Mall Center Court stage.
- Holiday Sip and Paint, Nemenz IGA, 655 Creed St., Dec. 6 at 7 pm, reservations required, $35 per person, includes cake, sugar cookies a glass of wine and all decorating supplies.
- Holiday Music at Poland Library, Dec. 12 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm, hot cocoa and holiday music.
- Polar Express event, Dec. 23, 10 am at Southern Park Mall: Wear your favorite holiday pajamas event as Mrs. Claus reads The Polar Express book to children. Free ride on the All Smiles Aboard train.
- Holiday Music at Fellow's Riverside Gardens, Dec. 17, from 5 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Lake Milton Christmas Tree Lighting, Saturday, December 10 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at 17930 Mahoning Avenue in Lake Milton. Local craft vendors will be out throughout the event, there will be a live nativity scene between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. and free hot chocolate throughout the day. The Christmas tree will officially be lit at 6:00 p.m. accompanied by a live performance of Christmas carols.
- Poland Lighting of the Village, Friday, December 3 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at 308, South Main St., Poland. The event will feature hot chocolate, carriage rides, crafts, music and of course, the arrival of Santa.
- HALO by Jojo Women's Boutique Pop-Up: December 1 and 2 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at 26, N. Phelps Street in Youngstown
- Oh Wow! Children's Center for Science and Technology Open House: December 2 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Free admission
- Winter Celebration of Trees at Fellows Riverside Gardens: Tuesdays through Sundays beginning December 3 through December 31 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Winter Light Displays will take place December 4, 11 and 18 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Memories of Christmas Past at Arms Family Museum: Tuesdays through Sundays beginning November 19 through December 31 noon to 4:00 p.m. Twilight Thursdays 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The Nutcracker by Ballet Western Reserve: December 3 at 7:00 p.m. and December 4 at 2:30 p.m. at Powers Auditorium
- Greyland Vintage: Open December 2 noon to 8:00 p.m. with YSU Fashion Merchandising free arts and crafts from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Christmas at the U: Saturday, December 18 in the Ursuline High School cafeteria from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Children can meet Santa, play reindeer games, sing Christmas carols, make crafts and enjoy Christmas treats. Register here by December 9.
- Wonderstruck Artisan Market & Classes: December 18, 5 p.m., 3649 Canfield Rd., Canfield: Wear your Christmas PJs and bring your letters to give to Santa himself. Complimentary cookies and punch while you paint ceramics. Santa will pass out candy as well and will sit and visit with each child. Register here.
- Winter Celebration: Festival of Trees, open Tuesdays through Sundays from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. from December 3 through December 31 at Fellows Riverside Gardens. A family-friendly, admission-free event sponsored by 21 WFMJ/WBCB. Fifty uniquely decorated trees by local nonprofits will bring magic to the Davis Center for all to enjoy. Visitors will also be able to participate in a scavenger hunt and view the beautiful seasonal flowers on display. Fellows Riverside Gardens hours will be extended every Saturday including Dec. 3; 10; 17; 24 & 31 until 7 p.m. for guests to experience Winter Nights featuring an outdoor light display highlighting the beauty of winter. Inside the Davis Center, enjoy live music and special appearances on December 3 from Disney character Elsa and on December 17 from The Grinch. Stop by to find that perfect gift at the Shop in the Gardens and savor refreshments available for purchase in Kravitz’s Garden Cafe. 330.740.7116, millcreekmetroparks.org.
- The Ursuline Band and Choir Christmas Concert on December 20 begins at 7 PM in the Deibel Morley Arts Center, 750 Wick Ave, Youngstown. There is no cost to attend.
- HolidayFlea, Dec. 3 and Dec. 4, from 9 am to 3 pm, 365 E. Boardman St., Youngstown
- Holiday Hopes and Wishes, Mr Anthony's Banquet Center, 7440 South Ave., Boardman, 10 am by Akron Childrens Hospital, register to attend: $45 per person, $300 per a table of 8, includes luncheon, a holiday bake shop, basket raffle and silent auction.
- Spruce Holiday Pop-Up Shop: Thursday through Saturday beginning November 18 and lasting through December 16 at 26, North Phelps Street in Youngstown.
- Rust Belt Print Shop Pop-Up Shop / Boxcar Christmas Shop at the Boxcar Lounge: Thursday through Sunday beginning November 17 through December 18. 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays, noon to 10:00 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 4:00 p.m. Sundays.
- Holiday Music at the Liberty Library, 415 Churchill Hubbard Rd., Dec. 6 from 6 pm to 7 pm.
- Holiday Craft and Spaghetti Dinner, Niles First United Methodist Church, 608 N. Crandon Ave., Niles, from 10 am to 3 pm. Craft show with holiday gifts. Spaghetti and meatball dinner, Italian bread, salad, beverage and dessert, $8 per adult, $4 per kid. Eat-in or take-out, with proceeds going to Blessed Beginnings Infant and Children's Outreach Ministry's Christmas for Kids.
- Park Avenue Brass Quintet Concert, Sunday, December 18 at Girard United Methodist Church (22, North Market St., Girard) at 2:00 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Guests are encouraged to bring a health and beauty item for Ruth's Boutique.
- Candy Land, December 9, 10 and 11 at Vienna United Methodist Church (4265, Warren-Sharon Rd., Vienna). Guests are invited to experience the joy of Christmas with a life-sized version of the classic board game, Candy Land. There will also be hot chocolate, cookies, a photo booth and much more. The event is free and open to the public.
- Mesopotamia Christmas Historical Event: Saturday December 3 at the Mesopotamia Memorial and Historical Association (8878, SR-534, Mesopotamia). There will be a Christmas tree and wreath sale from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will also be tables of Christmas rummage and Longaberger baskets for sale. Members will be serving hot dogs, chili dogs, chips pie and drinks. After 5:00 p.m. on December 3, there will be Christmas bingo until 7:00 p.m. with many door prizes to be given out.
- Friendly Squares Christmas Dinner Dance: Saturday, December 10 at 14 E. State St. in Niles. Square dancing begins at 7:30 p.m. and will continue until 10:00 p.m. There is a $7 donation per person at the door. Dress code for the event is casual.
- Trees at the Gallery Holiday Marketplace, 158 North Park Ave., Warren, Free admission, with decorated trees, handcrafted gifts, tree raffle. Holiday hours, from Nov. 12 through Jan. 7 are Thursdays 12-6 pm; Fridays 21-4 pm; Saturdays 11-4 pm.
- Holidays in Hartford, 6901 State Route 305, Nov. 19, 10 am to 5pm: A follow-the-map event, starting a the municipal building, that will guide you to other locations. Get a pic with Santa, find bake goods, crafts and holiday shopping. Boy Scout Troop 90 will offer lunch, featuring homemade soups and sandwiches.
- Joy of Christmas Drive-Through Holiday Light Display, Harvey S, Firestone Park, 338 East Park Avenue, Columbiana, Nov. 17: One million lights, over 80 scenes of an old-time Christmas town. $20 per vehicle (cash only); $3 per person on motorcoach, bus, or passenger van; or $40 for a season pass. Open Thursday – Sunday, Nov. 17, 18, 19, 20; Dec. 1, 2, 3, 4 and Dec. 8 through Dec. 31.
- CNC's Annual Craft and Vendor Show, Saturday, November 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 330 N. Elm Street in Columbiana. Admission is free. The event will feature crafts, concessions, chocolates, soaps, ornaments, candles and much more.
- Holiday Happening Craft & Vendor Show, 1688 S. Lincoln Ave., Salem, Dec. 10 from 10 am to 3 pm: More than 40 vendors and crafters, with food and beverages available, photos with Santa. Free admission.
- 20th Annual Christmas Tree Tours at Hermitage Historical Society, 5465 E. State St., Hermitage: Dates are Nov. 26 & 27, Dec. 2, 3, 4, 9, 10 & 11. Friday hours are 5 pm to 8 pm; Saturday and Sunday hours are 1 pm to 5 pm.
- Sharon City Holiday Shop Around, Nov. 26 through Dec. 23, at participating businesses providing giveaways in their Sharon stores, restaurants and service businesses.