Ohio State Extension Mahoning to offer gardening lessons in the valley
Having trouble getting those pepper plants to grow? The Ohio State University has just the thing for you.
Starting next week, OSU's Mahoning Extension will be offering free gardening lessons every Monday at 6pm in the valley.
At each of the sessions, extension staff and volunteers will talk about gardening, soils, organic production, and more.
Aside from an interest in gardening, OSU says attendees should bring a lawn chair and notebook to take the most away from the experience.
According to the release, students will also be happy to answer your gardening-related questions! So if you've been having trouble figuring out why your tomatoes, peppers, or spice plants aren't growing--now's the time to ask!
Events are weather dependent, so before you head out, be sure to check their Facebook page for any updates.
A full list of the dates and locations are below:
- June 12 - Hope for Newport, 420 Clearmount Ave, Youngstown, OH 44511
- June 26 - Flying High Access Healthy Food Greenhouse, 1960 East County Line Rd Mahoning Valley Campus of Care Building 4, Mineral Ridge, OH 44440
- July 3 - Youngstown Botanical Garden, 528 W Indianola Ave, Youngstown, OH 44511
- July 10 - Dorothy Day House, 620 Belmont Ave., Youngstown, OH 44502
- July 17 - Southside Community Garden, 112 Williamson Ave., Youngstown, OH 44507
- July 24 - Youngstown Community Blueberry Patch, 4019 Erie St, Youngstown, OH 44512
- July 31 - Jubilee Garden @ Tod Lane, 583 Todd Lane Youngstown, OH 44504
- August 7 - Flying High GROW Urban Farm, 100 Broadway: Enter Broadway & Bryson, drive to end, Youngstown, OH 44505
- August 14 - Glenda’s Garden, 719 Cassius Ave, Youngstown, OH 44505
- August 21 - St. Patrick’s Orchard, 1420 Oak Hill Ave, Youngstown, OH 44507