Bids recommended for road resurfacing projects in City of Warren
Bids have been recommended for a project in the City of Warren during Wednesday's Board of Control meeting involving resurfacing in the city.
According to documents provided to 21 News by Warren Director of Engineering, Planning and Building, Paul Makosky, bids were recommended for the 2023 OPWC / CDBG Road Project.
The documents reveal that Shelly & Sands in North Jackson submitted a low bid of $950,086.31 and the city is recommending this low bid to be accepted.
According to the 2022 Annual Report for the City of Warren, the project will include milling, resurfacing, manhole and inlet adjustment, curb ramps, tree removal, pavement striping and signage.
The estimated cost of the project is $1,050,000. The roads that will be worked on as part of this project are as follows:
- Monticello Avenue NW from Moncrest Drive to Dodge Street
- Norwood Street NW from Tod Avenue to Northfield Avenue
- Eastland Avenue SE from Catalpa Street to Surray Rd
- Burton Street SE from Niles Road to Central Parkway
- Risher Road SW from Palmyra Road MLK Avenue