Man burned in Calcutta apartment fire, flown to hospital
A fire at a Calcutta apartment led to a man being flown to a hospital for treatment.
Calcutta Fire Chief Dave McCoy told 21 News the fire began around 6:31 p.m. at an apartment complex on Pugh Road, about 250 yards away from the fire department building.
Firefighters arrived on scene and found smoke coming from the building. People were already outside due to the smoke and the flames were contained in one bedroom due to the doors and windows being closed, cutting off oxygen to the blaze.
The apartment that held the fire was severely damaged while the rest of the building suffered smoke damage.
The victim was burned and life-flighted to the hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.