Fire crews in Sharon rescued one man from a house fire Wednesday afternoon.

The fire happened shortly after noon on the 1000 Block of Charels Street in Sharon. Crews on scene tell 21 News when they arrived, flames were shooting out of the windows.

Crews say two people got out of the house by themselves, but firefighters quickly learned that there was one more person inside who needed help.

Inside the home they found William Kelly unconscious in a bedroom, and got him out of the house. Kelly was given medical treatment on the scene, and then taken to Sharon Regional Medical Center. Kelly is expected to recover from the injuries he got from the fire.

The home was not being occupied by the owner. It was owned by Cale Bockover, and was unlicensed, uninsured, and did not have working smoke alarms. The failure to have working smoke alarms resulted in the residents in not knowing about the fire, and has been contributed to the residents becoming trapped. 

Bockover has been issued citations for his failure to secure a license, and the absence of smoke alarms.

The Sharon Fire Department was assisted by the Sharon Police Department, the Hermitage Fire Department, the Farrell Fire Department, and the Brookfield Fire Department and McGonigle Ambulance Service.