The Summit County Medical Examiner's office is investigating after a 10-month-old infant was killed after being electrocuted by an exposed wire.

Chief Investigator with the Summit County Medical Examiner's office Gary Guenther tells 21 News the 10-month-old was electrocuted by exposed wiring on a box fan electrical cord.

21 News has obtained 911 audio from the incident where the child's mother tells dispatchers the infant was "wrapped around the cord of a fan."

"There's cords sticking out of it," the mother said.

The incident happened June 6 at an apartment on the 400 Block of Martin Street in Warren. The infant was transported to the hospital where he was then taken to Akron by a medical helicopter.

The infant succumbed to his injuries Wednesday, June 19.

21 News is working to learn how this incident may have happened. Stay connected online and on air for the latest updates.