Widow blames former employee for death of murdered Lisbon man - WFMJ.com News weather sports for Youngstown-Warren Ohio

Widow blames former employee for death of murdered Lisbon man

Posted:

LISBON, Ohio - The last person to see a murdered Columbiana County man alive is the subject of a wrongful death suit alleging that he's the one who fired the fatal shots.

The body 71-year-old Lisbon farmer Gerald Klusch was found near Hazel Run Road nearly two years ago, two months after he was reported missing.

The coroner ruled the death a homicide, saying Klusch had been shot twice in the back of the head.

Matthew Bailey, an employee of the victim, told authorities that he dropped Klusch off at his home just before Klusch was reported missing.

Now the widow of the victim, Leah Klusch has filed a one-million dollar wrongful death suit against Bailey and other unnamed defendants.

Although no one has been charged with the murder of Klusch, the civil lawsuit alleges that Bailey shot Gerald Klusch in Columbiana county on September 29, 2011.

The suit calls Bailey's  conduct either intentional battery done with malice, or a negligent act.

Klusch's family issued a statement saying, "September 29th 2013 was the second anniversary of the brutal murder of Gerald Klusch. We dearly miss and grieve the loss of our husband, father, grandfather and friend. The anniversary is made more painful by the reminder that his killer is free and walks the streets."

The family statement points out that the civil lawsuit is not a substitute for the ongoing criminal investigation conducted by the Columbiana County Sheriff's office and criminal prosecution conducted by the Columbiana County Prosecutor.

The family is still offering a $20,000 reward for new information leading to an arrest and conviction of those responsible for the murder.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Lieutenant Sweeney at (330) 424-7255.

You can find more information at this link.

  • More NewsMore>>

  • FBI investigating cases of card skimming in valley

    FBI investigating cases of card skimming in valley

    Monday, May 22 2017 1:30 PM EDT2017-05-22 17:30:19 GMT

    A federal investigation is underway for two Texans accused of using card skimmers on automated teller machines in the valley. Suspects Daniel Forentin, 30, and Cristina Rolea, 24, of Fort Worth are accused of tapping about one dozen ATMs in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties, according to public information officer Mike Tobin of the U.S. Attorney's Office.

    More >>

    A federal investigation is underway for two Texans accused of using card skimmers on automated teller machines in the valley. Suspects Daniel Forentin, 30, and Cristina Rolea, 24, of Fort Worth are accused of tapping about one dozen ATMs in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties, according to public information officer Mike Tobin of the U.S. Attorney's Office.

    More >>
  • Canfield car dealership burglarized by own employee

    Canfield car dealership burglarized by own employee

    Monday, May 22 2017 1:27 PM EDT2017-05-22 17:27:34 GMT

    A car dealer in Canfield thought all was well with his West Main Street business when he stopped by his office the evening of May 15, but when he returned in the morning, he found the glass shattered on his office door, reports say. The owner of NEEDATT Auto & Powersports told police he found his desk cabinet open and an envelope containing $2,300 in cash missing. 

    More >>

    A car dealer in Canfield thought all was well with his West Main Street business when he stopped by his office the evening of May 15, but when he returned in the morning, he found the glass shattered on his office door, reports say.The owner of NEEDATT Auto & Powersports told police he found his desk cabinet open and an envelope containing $2,300 in cash missing.

    More >>
  • Chaney student arrested for threatening to shoot up school

    Chaney student arrested for threatening to shoot up school

    Monday, May 22 2017 1:02 PM EDT2017-05-22 17:02:37 GMT

    A Chaney High School eighth grade student is charged with inducing panic after posting threats before school hours Monday morning. The 14 year-old admitted to his mother via Snapchat that he posted on social media his plan to shoot up the school and then kill himself, according to a police report.  Another student's parent alerted school officials about the social media post, prompting a school-wide lock down, the report says.  

    More >>

    A Chaney High School eighth grade student is charged with inducing panic after posting threats before school hours Monday morning. The 14 year-old admitted to his mother via Snapchat that he posted on social media his plan to shoot up the school and then kill himself, according to a police report.  Another student's parent alerted school officials about the social media post, prompting a school-wide lock down, the report says.  

    More >>
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WFMJ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms