Yeti recalling over a million coolers due to magnet ingesting hazard
Yeti is recalling over 1.9 million Soft Coolers and Gear Cases due to a magnet ingestion hazard.
According to a release, the magnet-lined closures can fail and result in detached magnets, posing a risk of serious injury or death if ingested.
When two or more high-powered magnets are swallowed, the ingested magnets can attract to each other, or to another metal object, and become lodged in the digestive system.
This can result in perforations, twisting and/or blockage of the intestines, infection, blood poisoning and death.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled products and contact YETI to receive a full refund or replacement product.
Buyers should visit the Yeti website for instructions on returning the product, receiving a replacement, or a full refund in the form of a Yeti gift card.