Three people injured, 2 pets die in Southington house fire
A Sunday morning house fire in Southington that injured three people and killed two family pets started by accident, according to investigators.
Southington Fire Chief Scotty Bower said in a news release that his department along with three other departments were dispatched to a fire on Braceville Robinson Road near Herr Fieldhouse Road just after midnight Sunday after neighbor reported seeing smoke and flames.
The fire chief spotted flames in the back of the home and called out more fire crews from five other departments.
Two Braceville firefighters and one civilian were taken to Trumbull Memorial Hospital, according to the chief. All have been released after treatment for minor injuries.
Two family pets were lost in the fire which heavily damaged the home.
The State Fire Marshal has ruled that the cause of the fire was accidental.