New Castle Police say no kidnapping, no charges
A teenage girl whose family members claimed was kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend has been found and New Castle Police now say no charges will be pursued.
Police posted pictures of sixteen-year-old Haylee Hobbs and 18-year-old Carlos Jones on social media, alleging that Hobbs was taken against her will from 1813 Pennsylvania Avenue shortly before midnight Sunday.
Officers were told by family members that Hobbs had been taken against her will. It was reported that the juvenile was taken without her cell phone and not appropriately dressed for weather conditions.
Officers were also told that a family member had received a “Snapchat” phone call from the juvenile who was crying and saying that she was taken and to call the police.
Detectives say they worked throughout the night to attempt to locate both the juvenile and the ex-boyfriend.
According to court records, Jones was charged with kidnapping a minor, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, and recklessly endangering another person.
Police found both the ex-boyfriend and the juvenile in a residence located on Halco Drive at approximately 10:50 am. Monday.
The investigation determined that the girl left voluntarily, and no charges are being pursued against Jones at this time, according to police. The circumstance of this case is still being investigated.