RECIPE: No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
Sunny weather came back to the Valley last week and is set to come back again in the coming days.
During those hot days you may want some ice cream to cool off, but not everyone has the tools necessary to churn ice cream. That's why Capri Cafaro has a recipe anyone can follow to make some delicious ice cream and beat the heat.
Below is a recipe for Capri Cafaro's "No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream."
- 2 lbs. strawberries
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Granulated sugar (to sprinkle over strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut leafy tops off of strawberries and quarter
- Spread cut strawberries out on parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake strawberries until juices start to seep out but before there is too much sticky liquid building up
- While strawberries are in the oven, whip heavy cream with electric mixer being careful not to overbeat
- Once strawberries are done, let cool and puree with a blender
- Fold can of condensed milk into strawberry puree and combine
- Add whipped cream to strawberry mix incrementally, one large spoonful/spatula dollop at a time until color is mostly pink
- Pour into freezer safe container with a lid and freeze overnight
Suggested Add Ons/Mix Ins:
- Basic: Hot Fudge
- Elevated: Golden Oreos
- Fancy: Basil and Balsamic Reduction